Monday 6 August 2012

Borough Market Lunch

So at the moment I feel there is quite the revival of street food going on. Even in Brighton the various markets and things are offering an ever increasing array of eat now lusciousness. However it does not compete with London of course.

Obviously street food has been around forever and is hugely popular in Asia but it seems to be facing a revival. On our London visit for my friends birthday we stopped off at Borough market for a spot of Lunch. And was there a choice of lunch. Sandwiches and bratwurst and cheeses and chorizo and meats cooked in every way and sweets and cakes. After MUCH deliberation I settled on Thai green curry. Busting with mussels and prawns and calamari I was in heaven, and for 6 quid I would get it every day if I could. The other two of our little trio went with paella. I tried it, easily restaurant standard and once again £6 for a mountain of the stuff.

For a little treat after (as if we could fill our guts any more) we bought sumptuous brownies. Served by a wonderfully cheerful lady off a wooden table she carefully placed the slabs of chocolate heaven in paper bags.

As the place goes the atmosphere is amazing. Bustly but in the right kind if way, and I wish i'd taken more photos of the place with stall after stall piled high with glistening foody delights.

All in all I basically wish I lived here. Enough choice to not get bored for 200 years. Please at least google it, and I whole heartedly recommend a visit.
Lunch. This picture makes me hungry. 

1 comment: